AFFORDABLE BASEMENT WATERPROOFING, BALTIMORE MD
Family-owned since 1953, Oriole Basement Waterproofing is the Baltimore area’s #1 local basement waterproofing company servicing both residential and commercial buildings.
While most other basement waterproofing companies offer a lifetime guarantee, we offer a LIFETIME, TRANSFERABLE GUARANTEE so that all future owners of the property are covered too!
CALL US NOW at (410) 879-3360, or use the form below to get your FREE inspection.
“Bid was much lower than other companies, for
the same amount of work.” – John G.
Maryland’s OLDEST basement waterproofing company
MHIC #4247 – we’re a year older than the baseball team!
Family-owned and operated for 3 generations! We have over 65 years of experience and knowledge working in Maryland homes and businesses – we are experts and there’s nothing we haven’t seen!
Lifetime, transferable guarantee with every basement waterproofing job we do!
Flexible availability and rapid responses to handle your water issues as soon as possible!
Financing options available! Talk to us for more information!
Basement Waterproofing in Baltimore and surrounding areas.
BALTIMORE BASEMENT WATERPROOFING
After meeting with and working for thousands of clients, we understand the frustration and anxiety of having water leak into your home.
The basement isn’t just another room. Sometimes, it’s where priceless photos and memories are stored in albums that can never be recovered.
Other times, it’s where your family gathers to watch movies. And if nothing else, it is the part of the house supporting all the rest of it above.
So you can’t afford to have work done on it where the problem might not be fixed correctly or completely.
You need a basement waterproofing solution that will work.
You need a basement waterproofing solution that can be completed quickly and efficiently.
You need a basement waterproofing solution that doesn’t break the bank.
This is what Oriole Basement Waterproofing is all about. A local business that cares about helping local neighbors. Call us today, or click the button below to get to know more about our history and the people behind the company.
“Our basement has since been bone dry and we would highly recommend working with Oriole to anyone.” – David S.
“If you want to hire a good, honest, family owned company, I highly recommend you choose Oriole! They’re even the same name as my favorite baseball team!” – Christopher P.
GET IN TOUCH WITH BALTIMORE’S PREMIER WATERPROOFING COMPANY!
When it comes to wet basements, the problem can only get worse the longer you wait to take action. Don’t let the issue get out of control! Financing is available!
Call us today at 410-879-3360! Or click the button to fill out a contact form.
BASEMENT AND CRAWLSPACE WATERPROOFING SERVICES
Basement waterproofing can be divided up into two types of solutions: interior and exterior.
Let’s talk about interior solutions first.
Many Maryland residents will know that most homes have some kind of drain system, often commonly called a “french drain” system. Older homes will usually have a terracotta-style perimeter drain system, while newer homes usually have a sub-floor perimeter drain system.
Both systems can come with issues. Older drains will clog or even crumble over time, rendering them non-functional. Newer systems can be installed improperly by builders who are not waterproofing specialists, which then require service. Each situation is different and Oriole will ascertain and provide the right solution for your situation.
In addition to installing or repairing interior basement drainage systems, there are many other services related to interior waterproofing that we also offer to keep your basement dry. These include:
- Sump pumps and battery backups – Your sump pump takes the collected water from your drainage system and pumps it back out of the house. An optional accessory, the battery backup, can provide power to the pump to keep it going through a storm if the power goes out.
- Window wells – Window wells are installed at the bottom of a basement window, allowing water to drain down to your basement drainage system rather than allowing water to build up and seep through the windows.
- Egress windows – Egress windows are oversized basement windows with many benefits. They increase the value of the home, let in much more sunlight, and increase safety by providing a route to escape a fire.
- Crack repair – The first solution for repairing cracks is to slightly open the crack, install a mesh wire which leads down to the sump pump, and then patch the wall up.
- Epoxy injection – Another crack repair solution is to inject epoxy. This may be recommended in certain situations, and the epoxy then fills the crack and prevents water from entering.
- Carbon-Kevlar wall reinforcement straps – If your wall is starting to bow and collapse in, we can install straps with the strength of steel beams to increase the wall’s strength and get it back upright again.
We also provide exterior solutions. While more costly, exterior solutions are often more effective in controlling water.
An exterior drainage system requires digging up the area around the foundation and rebuilding it similar to a new house installation. This usually means digging up shrubs and other obstacles around the house to work.
In addition to exterior drainage systems, we can also provide:
- Catch basins – These collect debris from roof gutters and downspouts, preventing the system from being clogged.
- Pop-up drains – These drains contain spring-loaded traps to eject water once enough has collected. These are usually placed at the end of a driveway or sloped lawn to lead the water away from the house, where it can then flow elsewhere.
Your crawlspace may also be affected just like your basement. If you notice a musty smell, there is the potential that water is gathering or mold is growing. While this might not directly affect some of your belongings as if it were a basement, this can still affect your foundation, the structural integrity of your house, and your health due to potential mold issues.
Water can enter your house INCREDIBLY fast and cause damage in no time. You do not want to wait on taking action to have a professional waterproofing come analyze the situation if water is coming into your home or business!
Just take a look at this video we recorded of a client’s house – the sump pump was practically running non-stop because of this.